SHIPPENSBURG- Leaves changing colors and air crisper means football season, along with tailgating season too. Tailgating has been a tradition here at Shippensburg for many years, but recently has become more popular. Homecoming is the most packed tailgate of the season. Food vendors come in, a DJ and many activities for children and family such as bouncy houses, soccer goal and more.
When it comes to tailgating picnicking is a big part of tailgating. A few polices on tailgating include:
- Tailgating and picnicking are only approved for the grass area between Seth Grove Stadium and the practice football fields and the grass area along the access road leading to the stadium.
- Also the consumption of alcohol is only permitted to those of legal age.
- No alcohol is allowed in the stadium.
- All alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages must be in a can.
- Tailgating is allowed three hours before the event and one hour after.
To read the rest of the polices click here.
Executive director of University of relations, Tim Ebersolo, stated “We want everybody to have a good time and to be responsible.”
Homecoming is on October 17th and over 50 student groups have already registered to tailgate. If any questions about tailgating or to set up a area to tailgate email email@example.com.